Table of contents
Module adds "TASK STATUSES" menu tab. In this tab you can add, edit and delete your custom statuses.
You can create workflows by setting statuses that can only be changed when the task has some status.
In this module you can set who sees what statuses so that your employees do not see tasks with statuses that do not apply to them.
- Extract your downloaded file contens. You will notice a folder called "documentation" and a new zip file, called upload.zip. Since "documentation" folder contains this readme file and helpful instructions that are not needed in your Perfex CRM's installation, we will focus on the upload.zip file.
- File upload.zip contains the module files (in a module format) that you upload in Perfex CRM's Modules installation section. Extract this folder (no contents of this folder, but only this zip).
- Go to your Perfex CRM's Admin area and select the following menu item: SETUP > MODULES
- Select the extracted upload.zip at Module installation selection prompt and press INSTALL
- Find the newly installed module and press ACTIVATE.
- You will be told that module is successfully activated. On the setting menu you will see "Task Statuses" tab. That's it! You are now ready to start using the module.
How to use this module
- Go to the SETTINGS -> TASK STATUSES tab
- In order to add new status click ADD TASK STASUS button
In this popup you can insert information as:
- status name
- status order
- status color
- whether or not display status in default filter
- statuses that you can change to when the task has this status (when left empty, can be created to changed status) (admin can change to all statuses)
- staff who should not be able to see tasks with this status
- If you want to edit already created statsus click "Edit" button
- Then you can edit all the informations you want. After that click "SAVE" to save changes
- If you want to delete task status click "Delete" button and confirm your choice. All tasks with this status will be having 'No found status'.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have created custom task statuses with my_function_helper.php - will this plugin affect the custom statuses, I have created? (When this module is activated all existing statuses are adopted into this module)
- If I make task with certain task status hidden from employee - where exactly will those tasks be hidden? Will he be able to look them up somehow? (Task will be hidden from him in task tab, in task board view in project tab and in search results. Tasks will be visible for him in activity log, timesheet report, his profile page, detailed overwiew or via direct url adress.)
- If I make task status "X" hidden from employee, will he still be able to set this status for other tasks? (Yes)
- If I use this module, and create custom task statuses, what will happen if I disable the plugin? (These statuses will be removed and the previous one will be restored)
- How does this plugin affects view and availability of tasks for my clients? (It doesn`t)